Sunday, July 23, 2006

"We Bake Cakes and Nothing's the Matter!"


I am starting to see the light at the end of July. It has been an incredibly difficult month with death, insomnia, heartbreak and taxes all due.
The most incredible part is that I survived surprisingly intact. I know I still have 7 days left but we are in a balsamic moon phase and I have let go of so much this month that no longer serves me that I feel the worst is over, I trust the worst is over. I feel that things are going to be better, I know they will be better.
My health and loved ones have been top of mind in July and I have been able to serve both in wonderful, life changing ways.
The biggest things this month for me has been to let go when things do not happen the way I would like them to. A quote from Rumi says it best, "Some things that don't happen keep disasters from happening."
I have had to trust in the Universe looking after me and making it better than I could have ever imagined. I look forward to seeing what great things will happen this next 7 days.
Interesting then that this month I have had the worst insomnia I have ever experienced. In the last 72 hours I have had 11 hours sleep. I feel like shit but happy in my haze, its almost like I have had an accelerated learning phase as I have thought about so much in the night kitchen.
I read that "Everything that happens in your life is moving your forward in the directions of your goals." Find the good in the bad, know that you will always be taken care of and Trust.

Trust and Fly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dreamweaver
I too have had horrid insomnia this month but in no way such tragedy and big Pluto-esque dramas. I bought Louise Hay's Heal your Life today and her affirmation for insomnia is:
"I lovingly release the day and slip into peaceful sleep, knowing tomorrow will take care of itself."
Her metaphysical causes include fear, guilt and not trusting the process of life. I've personally found cutting coffee from 8 cups to 2 has made a massive difference as well...!
Loved your post re: Disollutions and please keep blogging, knowing you make a difference to my day, at least, in a positive way, even if you are getting weirdly dissed at dinner parties.
I love the lessons that keep flowing from your days...always bizarrely synchrnoious with what i need to hear...
Happy new moon for Tuesday
xxfish girl

Kate Forster said...

Thanks Fish Girl, I had not thought about Pluto, lets blame it one that! Much better.
I have Louise Hay but didn't think to use it, thanks for the tip, I will try tonight.
Thanks for reading and saying it makes difference to your day, you sure have made a difference to mine today!

Dream Weaver

Mrs Underhill said...

Dear Dreamweaver
I feel a little self conscious that I maybe over-spruiked your Spiritual Biz work, bringing you into the firing line of some wowsers. The problem is that, for me, I rejouce in logging on every single morning to see where your ruminations have taken you and, in turn, will take me. If you stop life will go on but I would deeply miss this new ritual in my life.
Feel free to tell The Contessa to shut her fat mouth - at any time and on any topic.
In the meantime though I am very intrigued as to the fresh air treatment you got about the blog. Maybe the person you came across was actually a huge fan and was left dumbstruck - hee hee.

On a completely separate topic, as a tried and true insomniac, I cannot recommend highly enough guided meditations for sleep, played on personal CD player and headphones will snoring husbands mock you on the next door pillow.

Also, I try not to fight sleeplessness anymore. Sometimes the wee hours are the ONLY time you can let the mind chew and grind over whatever the issue is. Always keep a notebook next to the bed and switch on the light and write down whatever is swirling or your 3am mad To Do list. Sometimes, by doing that, I also find I can then relax.

Hey friend, sorry again for any over sharing. You're a bright light to me. I like sharing you with the other moths.

Kate Forster said...

Darling Contessa,

Never, never stop spruiking! I love that you love it and I am so pleased you log on to read.
Thanks for the insomnia tips, I have a meditation tape, never listened to it for night time, I will do this tonight, along with my affirmation from Fish Girl.

Love you long time!

Dream Weaver