Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Compassion and other catastrophies

I am bewildered by the world at the moment, if Wednesday is hump day, then I have decided that July is hump month. In Australia, this is the coldest month of the year, the darkest and the longest nights. I have known of 8 deaths this month, some close to me, some not and tis is just local.
With the war torn countries on the news every night, children being attacked under the caretakers noses and tsumani's being relegated to page 3 in the daily papers, I wonder what it takes to rise above this.
Compassion is the key to get through this, I heard it explained once. It is from the universal compassion that we heal the world. It would be nice that we were able to have the compasion without the shitful events but that's all part of the scheme I suppose.

No comments: