Sunday, July 23, 2006

Signs

I have been reading about the signs that you supposedly receive when you are not living your life on Purpose, when you are making mistake after mistake and not paying heed to the forces around you trying to let you know that your metaphorical boat has sailed a little or a lot off course.
The signs apparently have their own weighted criteria, which I understand as I have written so many tenders over the last 6 months and these often have criteria's to which the document is balanced against. Perhaps spirituality and business are not so far apart as one would think.
The weighting is this:

* Light weight signs; frustration/desperation

Middle weight signs; defining moments, inspiration and mistakes

* Heavy weight signs; epiphanies, illness/accidents

I tend to pay attention to the Light weight Signs fairly seriously before it gets out of control. Yes I get frustrated periodically and I have experienced desperation in the past but the more I have worked my arse of then let go of any expectations around the outcomes, the more I have seen things fall into place and the sense of things happening on purpose now becomes things happening with Purpose.

Middle weights Signs I like.
Always learning from mistakes. If we split the word you just see they are miss- takes. Try again until you get it right, just change something in the formula and you will get success.
I love the word inspiration. Its origin in etymology is around 5000 B.C coming from the sound speis or peis, an imitation of the sound of blowing or breathing out. Inspiration is literally breath from the Source. Amazing and humbling.
When inspiration strikes, listen.

Heavy weight Signs are more difficult to bear.
The Middle English word "epiphanie" comes via Old French from Late Latin "epiphania," based on Greek epiphaneia "manifestation, show." The Greek word comprises epi- "on, forth" + phan-, "to show." The root of phan- also appears in Greek phantasma "object manifested," phantasia "imagination" (the power to manifest an object).

What does this mean to me? To manifest is to have an epiphany. But you get what you focus on, believe me, I know this to be so true. If you focus on failure and stress and scarcity, you will receive. You will manifest this, you will have an epiphany and see that you are connected to everything and you have more power than you realised, you are part of it all and everything you do, say and think about is connected. You lift the veil of your individuality and become part of the Universal fabric of life. Way hippie I know but I love it!

Accidents and illness I have had to think about.
As a mother of a child with a disability I have thought for 10 years what the higher purpose is for making her life so difficult sometimes. I have no answer other than I knew that she would have issues with the particular part of her body before she was born, I asked the Doctor in the ultrasound whether all was ok and he said yes, [she wasn't injured then] and so when her injury occurred at birth I realised that I KNEW, deep inside me, I knew. Did I create this by focusing on it? No, I hope not, the guilt is enough that I live with everyday that I should have done something, anything different, yet knowing deep inside that it is as it should be. It changes who you are as a parent, who you could have been as the injured. She is the Wounded Healer and I know she will do something amazing, her life, her experience is her Purpose.

My sister received so many warning signs that things were not right with her body and it wasn't till she needed spinal surgery, had gallstones, kidney polyps and liver abnormalities, until her body literally stopped working that she was able to get her cancer diagnosed. I asked her of she would have gone to the doctor earlier and she admitted that "no" she would not have gone. So how many signs did she need to receive before she allowed herself to get on Purpose and heal. She is now in Re-Mission- a lovely word, back on Mission and on Purpose all from heavyweights sign knocking her down and keeping her still till she got the help she needed.


See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

Signs [2002]

No comments: