Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Time and Life


A girlfriend asked me if I had been three people in my past life as I always have so much going on in this one. Why is that?
I was reading an article about living your dream life and how you need to visualise it first then you can manifest it. My problem is that I have SO many things that I want to do. I can't create one dream life.
I do like to learn something new then move onto to something else very quickly, hence my theory that you can do anything as long as you have a how-to-manual and some time.
Ah ha! There's the rub, TIME.
Woody Allen said that," Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once. "
Not for me, everything is always happening at once.

Piaget the shrink, called time that dragged by when we are doing something we don't want to do, as "lived time". This seemed very prevalent when I was child, I remember lots of "lived time" moments. Now I am older I watch time fly by with silver wings.

I may rename time, just for the rest of the day, Eternalism.
This is the theory that although the past and future are not present to us, but they are still real.
My other option is Presentism, this is where the present only exists.
Instead of asking what is the time, I shall say, "What is the Present?" I like it, has a certain H.G Wells quality. Much better than "What's the Eternal?" This has a Anne Rice quality and I am not a fan!

[Please note the warning on her site re: photos and women, Le Creepy!]

No comments: