Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Paging Richie Rich!



Sometimes it is good to be reminded about things that really matter. I went to a lunch today to support the work World Vision does in Cambodia and Vietnam to help girls and boys who have been exploited and abused and forced to work as sex workers. As young as 5 and 6. Makes your heart stop a beat.
Watched Blessed at her best, working the room like Liza Minnelli, "Terrific, thanks, great!"
She so good at it, and no ego, those kids are never going to know whose pushing their cause, telling their stories. They don't know who sending them love, light and money to clothe and feed them while they heal. Thats way it should be! Don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing.
But if anyone has a bunch of dollars lying around and thinks they would like to help these boys and girls then let me know and I'll send ya in the right direction!

Man, if I was Richie Rich, I would be doing some cheque signing right now I tell ya!

No comments: