Monday, August 14, 2006

Too Cool for you!


All the things off my daily list done! Well done me, I squirreled myself away in Gandalf's office today so as not to be distracted, I am so easily lured by a look or a word into conversation, it is the undiagnosed ADD I think.
Discussion with a builder abut the office renovation had me thinking about the power of space and how important it is that we treat ourselves to a lovely environment. This is especially relevant after spending the day in Gandalf's solitary confinement pen.
I was being a 'cool' person last night, looking at all things, well Cool and I saw this photo of the Volkswagon factory in Germany. Man, über efficent, but lots of "cold occurrence" as it is known in Feng Shui. Too much white brings on negative energy and in an office space this translates to being to 'Cool' to be 'Cool'.
I know of a design office that is so cool your need to tap on the walls to hear the hollow sound that signifies the toilet is behind the wall. I am serious. How is this good for staff morale and their bladders?
I have a giant pink wall in my office, just one wall, Indian Sari pink, I love it, but people tend to come and squish a bit in my room, Gandalf call it the Womb with View. Maybe I should consider painting this when we renovate.
But what colour, what is the theme? I will look into this and report later.

No comments: