Sunday, September 24, 2006

Spirit of Spring


The Goddess sends her in her bustling and gusty Spring winds in to clear away the dust and cobwebs from every corner of my house, garden and mind. It clears my inertia and I am suddenly filled with hope, promise and industry.
A quick ring around and I found many in the same frame of Spirit. Blessed and Ram-Beau planting trees, The Piscean Princess had a Spring Clean at the Palace, The Grecian Goddess organising her study, filing papers and clearing out the past, The Contessa reorganising her anteroom for better Chi flow. The Playboy of St Kilda is planning adjustments to the Mansion upon the exit of his flatmate and his word on the street that the Mayor of All Good Times is planing a spring clean at his place of business next weekend.
I think that Spring truly arrives when the winds have cleared away the past and the pounding rain has cleansed and freshened up the ground and atmosphere. It is a perfect way to remind us that the there is something better, that dark can become light and every tiny green blade of grass represents a new opportunity and excitement.
Gandalf and I have rearranged the furniture this weekend, moved it all around and I am so happy with the change. I have bought herbs and pansy's to plant up, made raspberry drops for the changelings and a roast for dinner. I have written my list for tomorrow, drawn up some major plans for business and helped a loved one with a love spell and new job spell. A divine spells that involved crushing mint, cashews and vanilla pods and finished with spinning smoke, rose oils, pink candles and a Shakespeare sonnet. The air was alive with possibilities and intention.
I read the other day a psychiatrist saying that his job is not to cure a suicidal patient but to give them a reason to live, a reason to exist. That statement has stayed with me and I think you would be hard pushed not to find a reason to be alive in the Spring, anything new can happen and will.
Look alive my friends, the winds bring in the new, so open your hearts and your arms and get ready!

No comments: