Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hogwart's in Melbourne


Hi I'm dream weaver's daughter, the Scorp.

Today I went to a shop called Spellbox and did a class on magic for kids. It was an all female class so there was a lot of female energy in the room....OHM!
Heres what we did in order:

1. To enter the sacred space we had to jump over a broom stick and say our name
2. Then me and 2 other girls had to do a spell I had to touch everyone on the shoulder with an eagle's feather. An eagles feather symbolises the most magical birds of all fly the highest of all the birds. Another girl had to give a pinch of salt in our hands, the salt is the symbol of earth. Another girl had to put 2 drops of oil in our hands. It was to show we had entered the sacred space.
3. Then Danae, the Hostess Witch, talked to us about the four elements, which are: water, fire, air and earth. A candle can represent all of those of those things, the fire is the flame, the candlestick is earth as it is solid, the smoke is the air and the water is the wax as it becomes liquid.
4. Then Danae talked to us about poppets, they are made of straw and can look like a man or woman opening up to the heavens. Poppets are used in spells for lots of reasons.
5. Then Danae asked us about familiars, I didn't know but alot of the 15 year olds did. Danae explained that a familiar is a person or animal or creature that is with you all the time. We did a meditation when you sit on a high mountain with the sun coming down on you and you imagine a creature coming towards you and that is your familiar, it gives you a gift and tells you its name. My familiar is an orangutan called Karama and the gift was a tartan pink, blue, purple blanket.

I loved the workshop and I know I will go back.
Now I have to go and feed my orangutan and change its nappy and wrap it up in its blankie.

Thanks

Scorp Daughter[ Aged 9]

No comments: