Sunday, February 05, 2006

Pyewhacket


Had a witchy weekend.
I spent a wicked weekend in Sydney which indeed seems quite in touch with its dark side. Sydney does pagan very well. It does seem appropriate that I was at a party thrown by one of my most hedonistic friends to celebrate his engagement to a dark angel. She radiates Doris Day, but beneath, is a definite air of Dominatrix, love it! Heathens Galore on an island in the Harbour, most Baccanalian!
Spent a large part of the evening with a huge Bewitched fan, so large that he has named his company after the agency in the TV show. I was aghast when I learned of his ignorance to 'Bell, Book and Candle', still one of the most stylish and fun films ingrained on my memory as a child. Kim Novak in the red velvet dress and glittering bangles and Jack Lemmon on the bongos as her warlock brother at the Jazz club.
Finished Kerry Greenwoods' book Earthly Delights on the plane home, full of crime, fun, sex, magic, baking and Melbourne. This book made me so happy to be home and full of the joi d'vivre.
I headed from the airport straight to Spellbox and picked up a Success Spell for work. In Sydney I was told by a very informed industry figurehead that Mebourne is flat at the moment as far as my line of business is concerned and since I have high hopes and goals for this year I thought a touch of magic would help me focus my intentions.
I did ask for help from a lovely Sibyl at the counter who talked me through the finer points of Magic Weaving 101.
My bedfellow and business associate caste with me, I hope his giant hangover doesn't muddy his intentions. He did seems very serious and warlocky. I am glad I went there, you get everything you need in a box instead of having to hunt high and low for odd things and not feeling like a Pretendy Wendy Witch.
All very convenient and sensible, like so much in our society today. Its good that Magik is making itself more accessible and decent. Less Winona Ryder and more Kim Novak I say. Something glamourous about a lady who knows what she wants and deserves [she may caste a spell but she never shoplifts by the way].

Success forecasts coming soon.
Stay tuned changelings.

No comments: