Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Doctor T. J. Eckleberg

"It is awfully important to know what is and what is not your business." -- Gertrude Stein

I have written a new vision statement and I am applying this to my action plans for work. I like it, certainly better written than the last one I wrote 18 months ago. Its more confident and reflective of how powerful these tools can be. I repect the vision statement now. Your thoughts create your reality. I know that for sure, as Oprah would say.
It is very high level but I was so careful of the words I chose. Its the old adage: Be Careful What you Wish For, You May Just Get It.

The thing about running a business, I have worked out is, the more successful you are the harder you work. There's the rub. I read an article on the weekend about a woman who left her fulltime position in the workforce to work part time and started to spend long hours in the garden and cook 7 hour lamb roasts and so on. Sounds divine, I thought, but then I realised I would be bored after 3 months and would be planning on how I could turn it into a cottage industry and help the world with my vegies and baking dishes.

Back to the plans.

No comments: