Thursday, February 16, 2006

Home on the range


Home with sick 4 year old who has a cough like Yul Brynner in his last days.
I am going to concentrate on zenning my home today, bought a new book called The Emotional House. I actually like the the way my house flows but I am always looking for a pointer or two.

I am also going to tackle my household budget with the same zeal as I approach the work budgets. One of my goals this year is to manage my personal finances and goals like the professional ones.

I am also going to drop off a heap of crap to the Op-Shop. Its not really crap, but I don't need it any more. Getting rid of clutter and not hoarding like some maniacal doomsdayer will let more to flow into your life. I did read that once you decide to own anything [in your head] the the flow is disrupted. Detach from it, keep it circulating. I suppose we should think of everything on loan and when we are done with it, then we are obliged to pass it on to the universe.

So Op-Shops are really important in that respect, their intention is to take the money and pass it onto much greater causes usually and they are keeping the flow happening.
For the last 12 months I have been searching for a particular chair for a dressing table, I have issues around wanting to be in a Ginger Rogers film, I know. So for 12 months I donated to one particular opshop, almost every single donation went to them, except once when I was swayed by the parking spot outside the Brotherhood in St Kilda.

But, I went back to the Scared Heart Op-Shop and I donated every couple of months, including all the extras from my garage sale and then 2 weeks ago, bammo, there is the chair of my dreams in the window! I tell you what, I bought that chair and I feel great about it. I know I don't own it, I just using for a while, but I like to think that the world rewarded me with the chair as I have given so much to the Op - Shop for the year, and they overlooked my one indiscretion, knowing that its all goes to the greater good.

No comments: