Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Two bodies, one soul



Lucy and Ethel were the best of friends. Silly, frustrated but always loving to each other, crazy pants wetting adventures that summed up the reason why we have friends. I am thinking about friends at the moment as there seems to be alot of activity in this area of my life. I have old friends coming back into my life, other friends moving away from me, dreams about friends and I have made some new ones whom I have big crushes on. This is all interesting as because most of the time I feel like a social pariah due to my Taurean nature and general pain in the arse attitude. I have been making more of an effort though, initiating invitations and contact which is also unusual for me.

I can attribute this change in my social life to a few things:
• Venus is in my chart at the moment which makes me all squishy inside.
• Feeling calmer about my life at the moment and not as overworked as I ususally am.
• Being kinder to myself and thus an attitude change.

Sometimes we can feel so alone even though we are not, I think the lesson is that we cannot force other to love us, we only let ourselves be loved. Loving yourself is the first step. I hate that phase "loving yourself"its annoys me in a super new agey way, but I cannot think of a better way to say it. Loving yourself does not mean through thinking you are better, or more superior, its just about being kind to yourself and vibrating at a lovely level so people want to be around you.


The only way to have a friend is to be one.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: