Sunday, November 05, 2006

Set adrift in the Sea of Tranquility


Today I made a Friendship Stick. I took a long piece of wood, quite long, like an oversized wand and I sewed Roses to it and Pansys and I tied 13 different coloured ribbons to the wood. I pointed it at the full moon and I said an incantation of what I desired to be as a friend and what I wanted from my friends and any new ones that maybe entering my life.

"Eloquence of deed and thought." is one of the lines form the incantation which resonated deeply within me. Making the stick already had me in a contemplative mood, as I thought about friends now and past who have helped me grow and learn about the world and myself.
The ribbons reminded me of a time when I was mean to my friend in primary school, because she had ones just like them them in her hair and she looked so pretty and I was jealous, I wish I could say sorry to her now, she really did look so purdy.

I suppose we all have those moments in our life where we are ashamed of our behaviour and wish we could jump in the time machine and make it all better, but it is after these moments that we must take stock of ourselves. We can only look inside and become better than we used to be at dealing with our emotions, ego and fear.


A good cleansing is hard work and can get messy, but if the intention is right then we should feel brand spanking new and start again, a newer fresher version of the relationship.

No comments: