Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween


Yes, its Halloween, not really a celebrated in the Southern Hempishere but since I have been weaving magic all year, it would seem remiss not to mention it.

I could bang on about Halloween and its meaning as I have been reading about it this morning including an enlightening article about Satanism/Halloween and its evils which amused me while I waited for the kettle to boil.

Halloween is about honouring your dead ancestors and the lessons and gifts that have taught you and given you. There is a line from The Hours,"The dead bring you gifts." I believe this with all my heart, just try to be open to what they might be; songs on the radio, numbers, white feathers, dreams and even babies.

Tonight, I plan on lighting a candle on my altar for the loved ones in my life who have passed over and thinking about their gifts and lessons they have bought to my life, celebrating and remembering, Happy Halloween!

No comments: