Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Moment to Moment


I pulled an Osho Zen tarot and received- Moment to Moment. The card encourages me to think about being here now. This resonates with me as I am often surging ahead of myself in my thought process to my own detriment. The analogy I liken it to is imagining myself winning the Oscar when I haven't even auditioned for the part yet.
The card states that you can only be present if you are not ambitious- no accomplishment, no desire to achieve powers, money, prestige , even enlightenment, because all ambition leads you into the future. Only the non ambitious can remain in the present.

Oscars Wilde said," Ambition is the last refuge of failure." I understand that now. Be present, be here now, continue you work, jump from stepping stone to stone and stay alert to what is happening around you.

I need to drop the attachment to long term plans and whilst I can still have goals and desires, it will serve me to stop being preoccupied with time and space in the future. Doing this will allow oneself to be more open and available to what comes your way and that is where the riches are, in the unknown.

Happy Wednesday to you all.

Be here now!

No comments: