Thursday, May 18, 2006

Planning a headache

I did 8 hours straight planning with Domonique the Wonderful today. 8 hours![ Her first book is being launched in June!]
Not recommended but much needed. In the thick of it, I thought is it boring for her listening to our dreams, hopes, gripes and bullshit?
She will say not, of course, and as a Taurean I am always happy to talk about myself and my plans [Exhibit A- this blog] but I did wonder about her stamina. However she never lost focus and guided us back on track when we had moved into unrelated territory.

I cannot recommend planning enough. I did look at our plans from last year and I noticed that I had not been specific enough with the words around my plans.
For example, I had written - Get on government organisation panels.
Yes, I did that but I haven't received as much work as I would have liked. What I should have said is Get on government organisation panel and be doing lots of great and profitable work.

Be careful what you wish for, be specific, once you put it out there you can't take it back.

No comments: