Monday, April 17, 2006

Blessed Friends

I have had a moment today when I realised that people who take risks or move outside the norm and live inspired lives are usually drawn and quartered for it, not actually in this somewhat more civilised day and age, but at the very least, gossiped about behind their backs at dinner parties.
Gandalf and I have always done our "own thing". We have never fitted into the box ticking society that we live in and as I have moved towards more eccentricities/authenticities [I don't want to label them], I have noticed that those whose companionship I seek and cherish also choose to live with their freak flag blowin' in the breeze.
In saying that, tonight I am off to the Astral Travel and Dream Course with my dear friend, the Blessed Seraph. We have known each other for 21 years, the longer our thread is weaved together the stronger it becomes. I have lost friends when I made changes in my life: weight, money, spoke my truth. I never lost Blessed, she has chanted my name and cheered me with gusto, cried with me and laughed at me. Aristotle said,
"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. "
At times we are like a single soul. She is a Scorpio, myself a Taurus, the opposite signs of each other, this constitutes a complex yet deep connection, we are each others ying and yang. We drive each other nuts and love each other like no other. When I asked her if she wanted to come with to the Astral Travel/Dream course, she didn't bat an eyelid, her weird-o-meter didn't even flicker. It takes a lot to freak out a Scorpio, I probably had a more of a chance of ruffling her feathers if I had claimed to have invented the blow job. "Not a chance," I would hear her say, "That had to be a Scorpio!"

No comments: