Friday, August 29, 2008

Allegory for August


I am about to launch the fabulous book. It looks amazing and I am immensely proud of it. Everyone who touched it has left their impression on it and for that, it is better than I ever imagined.
The website through which I'll sell the book is special also. It is filled with all the things I want to have at work each day. Daily inspiration, humor and beauty. I will mail all who have registered for their copy of the book, once it is ready to send out. Should be in about one week. Exciting and humbling.

This, however, is tempered by difficult times at work. I am comforted by the fact it is not anything we could have predicted. It is not a staff issues. I have the best team I have ever had.
It is entirely a situation that is out of my control and more a global economic issue. I am careful to not fall into scarcity mindset. There are timing delays, that is all and we will, as we always do, catch up.

It is so, so important that you release the fear. When you release the stress and the worry and fear then you can hook back into what you it is you desire. Releasing the fear clears the path.
Of recent times I have not been able to see the path from the amount of vines and undergrowth that has overwhelmed it.

My job is to respect and honour what has or hasn't come my way lately. I have to learn from it so I can clear the path. How, why and when did these choking vines grow, I ask myself ?

I let them grow because I was spending all my time fearing the path ahead. Worrying about the bears (real or imagined) in the forest. I was so busy looking around me I stopped to keeping my eye on the path in front of me. The yellow brick road that leads me to my own Emerald City - enlightenment.

It is so important we stay on the path. The experiences, people, challenges and opportunities that you meet on this path are there to teach and give you something that will enable you as you head towards your own Oz. The secret is to stay on the bloody path!

So, tonight I am back on the path. A little worn, a little dusty and dirty but I have my scythe and I am clearing the vines. My path is my life's journey. I have been disconnected as I have wandered into the forest.

Tonight on the phone, my lovely Gandalf guided me home. Bringing me back to the safety of the yellow bricks and I now I am headed in the right direction. The only tools I need are my courage, wisdom and heart.

Thank you and goodnight. See on the yellow brick road.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're out of the woods you're out of the dark you're into the sky!
I mixed up the words but i love that song when they are skipping in this scene!
DW I'll be there to join you tomorrow!!!
xxxFishgirl

Anonymous said...

PS Do you know how much i am looking forward to the book? And website?? What date will it be up?? Please tell us all!!
Fishgirl
PPS Can you smell that spring outside? If hope had a smell that would be it:)

Kate Forster said...

You are so lovely Fishgirl!

All will be revealed soon.

DW
x