Monday, August 25, 2008

A new kind of thrill


Having spent the weekend interstate, I am feeling a little displaced this morning at work. My weekends are vital to my recharging, so today I am showing a low fuel gauge.

As I get older, I am more aware of how much I need structure in my life, almost like a baby.
For me, now, it's all taking care of myself. When did I become a fuddy duddy grown up? I cannot remember a time or place when this event occurred. I only know now that I cannot get on the 'tear' without making myself and all around me suffer beyond belief.
It is not that I judge those who do get on the 'tear' around me, its just that I can longer do it. The thought me having to spend this week recovering and thus holding me from doing all the things I want and have to do, with grace and enthusiasm is enough of a personal preventative.

Talking with the Witty Art Connisseur at the airport yesterday, she told me of her decision to abstain as she knew she had so much work to do this week. Ah yes, I share that decision also.
Now, so much less makes me thrilled.
A clean house. An empty washing basket. Bills paid. Friends at a dinner table. Healthy children. Sleeping children. Holding hands. Kind words. A good book. My lemon tree filled with new growth. Loyalty. Love.

I may be boring to some but I am happy with the little moments and god knows its taken me a long time to get here!

No comments: