Thursday, January 18, 2007

Turnover vs Profit

Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity! This from my new book I read last night, I like it!
After sitting with the Ram Accountant yesterday we discussed the facade of turnover and its affect on the ego. Sure, I won a big job but is it worth doing , is there profit there in the budgets?
Good questions and whilst the answer is yes for this one, it may not be the same for every job to come. It got me thinking about the idea of turnover in relation to life experiences. I suppose I liken it to this: you can have a cacophony of life experiences, good and bad, but its what you come out with at the end that really matters.
The ego in turnover is the devil in disguise, there can be big numbers floating about but with razor thin profits. The goal for me now is to focus on staying under the radar, producing excellent work in an excellent environment with excellent profits.
So Mote it Be!

No comments: