Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New chair

I have a new chair for my home office after thinking that the $99 one from Officeworks was offensive to me and my bum. It was quite a pleasant experience , lovely Damian, who works part time, gave me 10% off and an invitation to his new art exhibition, fabulous!
I have come home to my new book which has just been delivered to me, Creative Block. Its fun, lots of tips to help you climb out of your creative rut.
This is good timing as I am currently trying to create something and I am finding any number of distractions and diversions before me than actually committing to the creative process.

Staying on task. My biggest challenge in life!

So I randomly open a page and it asks me....
What was the first job you wanted to have?

I wanted to be a travel agent/detective.
I would be able to travel the world and solve crime, super fab! I used to dress in my Mothers navy blue espadrille heels with ankles ties and use her raffia clutch purse and run around the house with my best friend Mandy. She lived in the house at the back of ours and we played together every day and every weekend. I could not have been happier when she was around. I had a dress up box that was full to bursting with my glamour mothers cast offs and her best friend [travel agent] would give me her old tickets and writing pads and plastic travel wallets. My fitter and turner father would also give me his metalwork ordering pads, but the detective metal worker didn't have the same drawing power somehow.
Mandy and I named our imaginary arch enemy Brutus,[he was the centre of every crime and named after a friends German Shepherd dog],we were savvy, spoke 7 languages each and kept our cosmopolitan vigilante selves a undercover.
Clearly I was watching quite a lot of Charlies' Angels at the time, a big influence on myself and Mandy, although Love Boat featured highly also, as we often travelled by ship to solve the crime of the day. Those pleasure cruises are rife with trouble then and now.
We had a name for the detective agency but I can't remember it now, something hilarious, no doubt. Global Travel maybe?It's right on the tip of my tongue but it will come to me.
So thats' what I wanted to be when I grew up, for a long time.
Thanks for listening.
What did you want to be?

No comments: