Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hungry like the wolf


This Full Moon is in Cancer and this is known as the Wolf Moon. It encourages us to do some sort of a ritual around our family and loved ones to protect them and their homes. It so called because in January in snowy times, prey is scarce and the wolves would be circling the village to await the vulnerable who may stray into dangerous territory. This is also the time to set things in motion: new ideas, goals, dreams and was traditionally the time to prepare for birth.
Lovely!
So, since we are in the Southern Hemisphere I wonder if we can still take on the archetype of the wolf and ask what are we hungry for this year? What have you been circling for a while and are now ready to pounce upon, in the very best sense of the word!
I have set the wheels in motion early with a renovation at work, enrolling in an astrology course and teaching my daughter and myself to touch type with one hand [don't ask!] if she can then I can is my motto!
So off I go, another year, another full moon and life is for the taking.


No comments: