Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Fiery Times

Yes,there is something silly about this time of the year. Odd sights, like men shopping and a tense energy in the air, everyone desperate to do everything so they can have a lovely Donna Hay Christmas experience.
I wonder of the Wiccans are crazy at this time of the year, with their wassailing and yule logs, their cold moon rituals struggle to be relevant in these hot days. Although I am sure that I will receive comments from Southern Hemisphere Sibyls who can prove me wrong.
I have been thinking about the that we are in Sagittarius, a fire sign and much of Australia and Tasmania is burning at the moment. This somehow seems more poignant to me than yule logs and Christmas crackers.
Rebirth, regrowth and a sense of compassion for the displaced people and injured animals that will hopefully heal the land again. Will our drought break when we experience compassion again?
Just my musings, no judgement, no praise.

No comments: