Thursday, May 31, 2007

Music

I have a stereo in my study. It is the greatest of indulgences and I love it more than than I thought I ever would. I have always had music in my life, in fact I made it my career for a time. I cannot imagine my life without its presence.
I heard a radio interview recently with a scientist who discovered that different tonalities turn on emotions in our brain. The higher the vibration, the higher the feeling of joy.
Why did we need science to confirm what us aural junkies have known for years?

Sadness requires Nick Cave, Tom Waits and Allegri Miserere.
Happiness requires Beach Boys, Brandenburg Concertos and Kylie Minogue remixes.

I love all music, I am eccentric in my tastes. Bach sits next to Ella Fitzgerald, who resides with Michael Jackson and Cold Chisel. I am not a music snob. I listen to everything I can and am forever downloading new tracks to experience new sounds.
I wonder of there a link between being a music lover and your own personal vibration?

Do we have our own personal soundtrack, like an aura?

Do we have an aural?

I think so.

Somedays, I am humming, literally. Other days my energy is the double bass in the orchestra.
I can quite easily change a bad mood to good with help from Stevie Wonder. Zero 7 chillaxes me and classical music calms me in heavy traffic.
Lounge room dance offs in my house are infamous with friends and family, car discos are popular with my kids and my trusty ipod has been known to come out at parties for dancing competitions.

Music is my connection.


I really love my new stereo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too synchronious. I am just flicking through a book which talks about how different 'tones' of music activate different chakras, That rock you talk of, a-la Chisel, is great for the solar plexus. High pitched ones (Kate Bush?)for the crown chakra. Tres interesting.
Fish Girl

Kate Forster said...

Kate Bush is fantastic- Cloudbursting is my fave!
I love a film soundtrack also. Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice. Any Cameron Crowe movie has an anthology of great 70's music.

Makes me want to play with my ipod and make up new playlists......