Friday, December 14, 2007

Looking forward to happiness

The three days before we bought our house, a monarch butterfly flew inside our living room and refused to leave. It supped from honey and water that the changelings left out for it, and seemed impervious to my worry that it should be outside.
Then the day after we bought the house, it simply flew out the door.
Butterflies symbolise transformation and embracing the new. There is a Native American legend that says that if you have a secret wish then whisper it to a butterfly and it will take your wish to the Great Spirit. By releasing the butterfly then you are restoring balance to nature and your reward will be your wish being granted.
Thank you to the butterfly and the Great Spirit for granting our wish.

Conversation with a dear friend who spoke of having something to look forward to. Her old friend, who has struggled with a difficult life and some bad choices for her lifestyle has only just discovered this concept through some therapy and self discovery.
I have heard it said that happiness is something to do, something to love, and something to look forward to.
Right now I have all of those in abundance. There is always something to do in the silly season, and lots of loved ones to catch up with and I have wonderful things to look forward to - parties, holidays, a new house. All in that order.
If you have any of the three things I listed then you are doing okay- people to love, things to do and joyous occasions on the horizon. Look around you and take stock of what is in your life.
Choose to be happy. Happiness does not mean your life is perfect, perfect does not exist.
Instead it means you have made the choice to overlook the imperfections and the flaws and focus on what is wonderful.

I read this affirmation for happiness- 'My happiness draws an overwhelming amount of blessings into my life.' If your thoughts create your future then create something amazing for yourself. I will be using this till then end of next week, just to give me the extra emotional fuel to get me through.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post. I'm going to remember that trio!