Sunday, December 30, 2007

Is sustainable living a new religion?


Does this mean new Satan is now global warming? It figures with the concept that Earth will soon be as hot as Hades if we don't take immediate action.

Stick with me here. I am hearing more and more people taking up the global challenge to see who can do the most with the least.
Don't get me wrong. I think it is commendable but it is becoming the trés fashionable dinner party conversation, that I have been included in recently.
People, fabulous people, who I thought would have no time for such malarky as the chickens and water tanks are taking country like living with a verve not seen since Marie Antoinette and her country folly, complete with sheep dyed pink and blue.
My question is, will it last?
What I like about the sustainable push is the faith and hope that it inspires in the world. That people can do their bit. Everyone is responsible and even the smallest action matters.

Mercury sextile Uranus today, thus the philosophising.

No comments: