Friday, September 07, 2007

Baby love



Four of my girlfriends are in the blessed state, including my partners in all things pagan, The Piscean Princess and Blessed Seraph. The Blessed is blessed. It has a certain ring to it.

So today, for a diversion from writing, I decided to go on the hunt for matching blue and pink outfits for the first babies to be born in 2 weeks. Such fun I had at my fave childrens' wear shop! I emerged with outfits for all, including the the twins 2 year old sister. There were birds and butterflies, dots, pirates. cottons, wools and silks. Ribbons and bows, and buttons. So many options and such fun sorting through them all.
I have kept small outfits for each of my children when they were babies. Little things for them to share if they have children.

Spring is coming and so are the babies. I see pregnant women everywhere at the moment. Blooming , beautiful and smug in their weariness as the time moves towards the birth day. Their smile holds the secret of what is to come, their babies inside them, sitting under their heart, safe and protected. The pregnant women knowing in what we perceive to be unknown. They know what's going on, what really matters. There is no one more connected to Spirit than a pregnant woman.

I shall share the best pregnant poem I know with you. My sisters most loved poem.


Woman to Man
The eyeless labourer in the night
the selfless, shapeless seed I hold,
builds for its resurrection day -
silent and swift and deep from sight

forsees the unimagined light.

This is no child with a child's face;
this has no name to name it by;
yet you and I have known it well.
This is our hunter and our chase,
the third who lay in our embrace.

This is the strength that your arm knows,
the arc of flesh that is my breast,
the precise crystals of our eyes.
This is the blood's wild tree that grows
the intricate and folded rose.

This is the maker and the made;
this is the question and reply
the blind head butting at the dark,
the blaze of light along the blade.
Oh hold me, for I am afraid.
 -- Judith Wright


No comments: