Thursday, October 25, 2007

Solar return


Scorpio Daughters 11th birthday today.
Your childs birthday can be bittersweet. The inevitability of them growing older sticks in my throat. This morning she chose to sleep instead of immediately rising for her presents. Sleep is a gift and this morning she recognized it.
At every milestone of my childrens development I have at time wanted to bonsai them, make then stay just as they are so I can enjoy that perfect stage.
But, alas, no, just I am enjoying the view they whisk me away again to unchartered lands that offer bountiful gifts and challenges as they grow into new stages.
I thought today how much I like the person my daughter is maturing into. She is truly one of the funniest people I know and worries about none of the crap that kept me awake at her age.
She benefits greatly from Gandalf and my mutual self development and she is learning lessons so early that took me 35 years to understand.
What great ordnance she has in her tremendous understanding of the world and the people in it. Her ability to sit and watch and wait and then take the lead is the stuff of female legends in history.

It is an honour to be her mother.

No comments: