Thursday, January 31, 2008

Get Clear

Out of Clutter, Find Simplicity.
From Discord, Find Harmony.
In the Middle of Difficulty Lies Opportunity.
--Albert Einstein (Three Rules of Work)


I am in cleaning out mode. To ready myself for my house move in 2 months, I have challenged myself to throw out everything I hate, do not use, is outdated or makes me feel like shit.
It is a liberating and also a sorry state of affairs.
Let me start by saying this - I have too many things.
And let me also say, I have spent money on such said things.
I have wasted my money and the Scared Heart Opshop is about to get it all.

Yesterday was spent cleaning out my wardrobe, trying on everything, working out what went with what and then turfing the rest. Man, I have some ugly shit in my wardrobe and also some things I love, love, love.
I am on a clothes amnesty till 2011. Seriously. I have more clothes than anyone I know and yet I always wear the same outfits.

Cleaning it out, means facing it and this can complicated and depressing. It is a challenge to let it go without memories resurfacing. On the other hand, I am finding it quite liberating to piff some things, books that no longer speak to me. Airport chick-lit novels that were a quick hit for the brain. University texts that I am never going to need.

Clutter clogs who you really are. I have done most of my self development work in this house, spiritually and emotionally. What I bought with me from my last abode no longer resonates in this life. I clear this house of what I was, and make room for who I am now and what I shall become in my next house.

No comments: