Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The New Moon


The New Moon has washed onto shore new challenges and new opportunities on our shore. This is why I have been off the radar for a few days. I have many, many things happening at the moment, all of it wonderful and crazy.
I read a quote today from Michael Gerber, author of The E-Myth that inspired me,

"The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next. The difference between the two is the difference between living fully and just existing."

No chance of that happening to me anytime soon. When we had a large opportunity taken from us earlier this year, that thew all our plans into array, we chose to face it down and take action. There was no way that this moment was going to define who we are and what we wanted to achieve as company.

So now, here we are in the middle of the all the hard work from us staring down the drama of the beginning of 2008. Naturally, all the work has come in at once and this is a contest in itself. So we have taken the dare, placed our bets and rolled the dice.

Let the cards fall where they may.










2 comments:

holymotherofgod said...

So now, here we are in the middle of the all the hard work from us staring down the drama of the beginning of 2008...

Me too. I'm working so hard at a Children's Hospital campaign. However I just moved to Manitoba from BC just under a year ago- the support in BC for the hospital is amazing. Here, tough tough sell. But rewarding, important work that I find so creative and fulfilling. I put up this Miracle Garden on our workplace wall with kids pictures that use the hospital. One of the kids has come in frequently shopping with his family lately. Every time he comes in he comments on how great things look and how much he appreciates it. I think he's 10 years old and has had 12 strokes. It's hard to think of better recognition than that. I don't want for kudos or anything from work; its just for The Purpose and the meaningfulness that it matters at all.

Kate Forster said...

Living on Purpose in action!
Let me be one who says thankyou on behalf of the Universe for all the work you do!

DW