Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Where will it come from?

I was asked recently about how I managed cash flow in a small business. My answer was with faith ! There is a Deepak Chopra saying that once he asked his guru where the money was going to come from for a project he was working on and the guru answered" Wherever it is right now!" Easy for a guru to say but I find that the chase for coin does get boring.
I have discovered though that being aware is the greatest tool you can have in managing cash flow. There should be no surprises. An Entrepreneur article I read recently stated that the key is to hang onto your money as long as possible while constantly hassling for your receivables. I am not sure I agree with this, although that is often how it ends up!
The Goddess Bookkeeper and I talk about honouring the debts. Lighting the nice oils, good music on the ipod and sending out the money with good will. It certainly changes your attitude to the money energy. Off to sign cheques. what will I listen to today ?

No comments: