Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ashes to ashes, fun to funky......


By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh


Amen to that Anne.
Throw in working mothers and working housewives and you have an explosive formula.
This weekend I have crashed and burned. Only highlight spending time with best friend, Blessed Seraph on Friday night and writing in between slamming my head against the wall to make the pain go away.
The power of holidays and taking restful moments whenever you can is never to be underestimated and I often find myself not honoring these moments just keeping on keeping on. This is the Taurus in me I think, head down, bum up, but my Pisces Moon makes me vulnerable to energy good and bad and thus when I fall, I fall hard.
I watched Carly Simon in a TV interview the other day discussing her manic depression. Carly explained that when the moods came she was best to honour it and let it take her in that moments. When she had tried to fight it in the past then they hit her harder and took her longer to come back.
So, in the spirit of the great Carly, and I admit I could never claim to be the victim of such an isolating and difficult illness, but still, everyones moods are real and they affect them in big and small ways. I choose to own this dark mood, honour it and hope to move through it faster.
I blame the eclipse that is looming on March 4th in Virgo/Pisces and on a full moon! Crazy stuff. Read more here.

No comments: