Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Baby it's cold outside....


I am sick still from processing the toxicity around me over the past few weeks. The only solace is my bedroom and my divine velvet throw over my knees. I feel very Gertrude Stein. Me, my thoughts and a velvet throw. Trés fabulous. The word 'fabulous' comes from the word 'fable'.
If something seems fantastical or from a fairy story then it is fabulous.
My velvet throw is fabulous. It is the sort of things the Snow Queen from Narnia would have thrown over Edmund's lap whilst he scoffed his pasty face with Turkish Delight in the Land of Narnia.
Blogging of fantastical stories, I finished The Time Traveller's Wife under my throw this morning. Lovely, lovely stuff. What a read and what a story. Audrey Niffeneger's mind must be filled to overflowing with brilliance. Onto new books now. There is a pile beside my bed to read. I have blogged before about my book fetish. "Take the shame" as Lauren's friends say to her from The Catherine Tate Show. I am taking the shame and taking to my bed. Velvet throw and all.

No comments: